Friday 1 August 2014

August training for the Camino De Santiago

I had a week off in August which meant it was around seven weeks until I embark on a walking trip of 120 miles, so I worked out  a schedule to get used to consecutive walking, rather than just Sundays as I do at the moment. 


This is how I did:





Date
Distance
Route
Weight carried
Time

 

 

 
 
 
Sunday 17th
 
12 miles
 Home to Pegwell back to Broadstairs

 
5.3kg
 
5hrs
 
Monday 18th
 
20 miles

 
Home to
Reculver
 
 
5kg
 
8hrs
 
Tuesday 19th
 
11 miles
 
Deal to St Margarets
 
 
5kg
 
4hrs
 
Weds 20th
 
16 miles
 
Home to Pegwell 
 
 
5.4kg
 
5hrs
 
Thursday 21st
 
8.4 miles
 
Home to Dumpton
 
 
without rucksack
 
4hrs
 
 
 
 
 
 






I saw this today:

May your journeys on the Camino and in life bring you the adventure, and peace, you seek.

“Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.”
–Jeremiah 6:16 (NIV)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment