Tuesday 3 June 2014

Sun Sea & Shells

Finally a chance to get another walk in, the first one in fact in my new boots (first pair returned as faulty), we set off on our usual round trip to Broadstairs, 8 miles, nice sunny day, which turned out to be much hotter than expected, pink arms to prove it !
 
The tide was out going there, so we were able to walk along the beach.  I can not resist collecting shells and seaglass as we go, we soon realised we didn't have a bag to put them all  in and Geoff wouldn't put them in his rucksack as he said the salt water would stain the bag.  So we carried as many as we could and decided, on reaching Broadstairs, we'd go and buy a roll of bags form Tesco (always handy thats the bags and I suppose Tesco too !).
 
Whilst walking on the beach I bumped into a friend from my squash days that I hadn't seen for a year or so as she lives away, what are the chances ??
 
We were hungry on reaching the half way point so opted (as usual) to have lunch in Prezzo and a glass of wine, don't think the Camino is going to be like that !
 
Geoff in his new Tilley hat

Kingsgate, Broadstairs

Rock Pooling

Collected shells
 

No comments:

Post a Comment